North Shore Alano Policy on Safety & Security
Approved by the Board of Directors May 20, 2011
Statement of Purpose
To create a safe and secure environment as possible at the North Shore Alano (“NSA”), the following policy is adopted.
Disruptive behavior is unacceptable at the NSA. Disruptive members and authorized visitors shall be warned to stop the disruptive behavior or asked to leave immediately. Unauthorized visitors shall not be allowed on the premises at any time. Police shall be summoned if illegal behavior occurs or if anyone who has been asked to leave refuses to do so. NSA representatives should never place themselves in an unsafe situation. If an NSA representative feels uncomfortable, ask for assistance or contact the police and request a “well-being check.”
It is important that NSA representatives apply the same standards of conduct to all members.
This policy shall be administered in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
Disruptive behavior that is unacceptable at the NSA includes, but is not limited to:
• Possession or use of alcohol or controlled substances on the NSA premises
• Abnormal, erratic or other behavior which create an interference of such a nature so as
to disrupt ability to conduct meetings
• Screaming, shouting, yelling, loud laughing or other noise
• Unauthorized use of camera’s, video or voice recorders
• Sexual activity
• Bringing animals of any kind into the NSA
• Harassing or bothering other people
• Foul, rude, threatening or abusive language or actions
• Personal hygiene that disrupts others’ use of NSA facilities
Illegal behavior that is unacceptable at the NSA includes, but is not limited to:
• Possession or use of illegal drugs
• Removing materials from the NSA without authorization
• Assault (verbal, physical or sexual)
• Indecent exposure
• Sexual molestation of minors
• Indecent sexual advances
• Possession, display or use of a weapon, except as authorized by law
• Defecating or urinating anyplace except urinals/toilets
• Theft of another person’s property
Disruptive Members and Visitors
1. Disruptive Members and Visitors will be told that their behavior is unacceptable and warned
that if it continues, they will be told to leave.
2. If the disruptive behavior continues, the person will be told to leave.
3. Membership privileges of frequent offenders may be suspended.
4. The police will be called if assistance is needed.
Illegal behavior will not be tolerated at the NSA and police shall be called. Membership privileges shall be automatically suspended.
INCIDENT REPORT FORMAT (Required if person asked to leave or if police contacted)
To facilitate analysis and appropriate response, incident reports must be complete and timely and should include:
• Status (member, visitor, unauthorized person)
• Name, gender, age and other pertinent data
• Detailed description of incident
• Was the incident the first of its kind? If not, indicate approximate
• dates of previous incidents and/or reports
• Actions taken, including police reports as applicable